Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We have chicks!

We have chicks! Our chicken has been sitting for the last 20 days or so, and out came 8 chicks! We managed to catch them and put the coop where they belong, but have never really stayed there. I patched the holes where I think the weasel or some predator got in and leather strapped the door shut. They survived Last night, but Then Stephanie wakes me up at 6:30am to tell me she can't find the one duck. Then 15 seconds later I hear this quacking, she is just fine, I think she laying at a different spot in the woods. We will see when the other hen has hatched her eggs what we will do with them can we put them all in the same coop? The family who gave us these ducks hatched out 2 last spring and they both died. They didn't have as big a yard to play in, we will see. We have pictures of the chicks, but alas, they are on the computer at home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....so sorry to hear about your computer...it is so hard not to be connected! Anyway you guys are getting like a whole farm going...goats and chicks too!!! Great for the kids. Hope the little ones will fare better than last years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my parents live in the country with no internet connection at all. well, they have a super-slow and ornery dial-up. it's like being in cognito to the internet world when we visit them.

    ReplyDelete