Tuesday, January 16, 2007

They love each other. . . . they really do!

Sometimes it feels like all the kids do is yell and bicker. The three oldest know just how to push each other's buttons and love to do it. Some days I feel like my head is going to explode and wonder what I will do when Vivian joins in the bickering. Then they show me that they love and even like each other. Last night was such an example.

I bribed. . . uh I mean motivated them to pick up their bedrooms and the living room. The reward; a movie. I expected to hear a lot of fighting about who made what mess, and who wasn't helping enough, but I didn't. Instead, they turned it into a game and soon the rooms were picked up.

I waited for, "We are done." but they just continued to play. Far be it for me to stop them from playing nicely together to remind them that they wanted to watch a movie. They played their game for another 1/2 hour before deciding it was time for the movie.

Just so you know this is the real world, not some perfect home, they did bicker a little about the movie. It was easily resolved and soon we were all enjoying the movie and each other's company.

For more stories about kids doing the right thing, check Pass the Torch Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. My kids are the same way. Sometimes I think that the better they get along, the worse they fight. I almost feel like taking pictures of them getting along just for the record! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my kids to both be able to understand each other, then maybe they will get along. Maybe not, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet. My kids do the same, but they skip the actual cleaning part... Someday, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great when they get along nicely! I often wonder what it will be like when Baby Bug gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so great! I'm having a hard time getting to any blogs this week because I'm on vacation - but it's such a joy to finally get on a computer and find a lovely post like this.

    Thanks for joining us again this week!!

    ReplyDelete