Monday, January 29, 2007

A story in my life #5

I made the phone call.

There is a letter and some pictures! Can you believe it? I couldn't either.

The woman must have heard the thrill and unbelief in my voice. She was quick to tell me they are dated; a few years old. They didn't have my address. I am kicking myself. I knew they didn't have this address, but I thought they had my previous address. I should have kept it up better. I guess I didn't think there was a point until she was 18. Oh well, I am still thrilled!

I also asked the question, "How does this work when she turns 18?" The answer: at 18 she can petition the state to release the records. She can also contact the adoption agency for information. If I write a letter, giving my consent and interest in establishing contact, they can give her information. I will be writing a letter this week. Then I will be waiting, waiting until she is ready to find me!

6 comments:

  1. Yea! I am so happy for you! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. God knows both of your hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph...I am so happy for you. I love how this has all played out - unbelievable. Thanks for sharing your story with us and letting everyone share your joy! I hope M.R. will someday be part of our family! (Hey, what's one more May birthday, right???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely thing to read today, Stephanie. I hope things keep going this well for you. It is lovely to see it turning out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! How WONDERFUL for you! I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete