Saturday, January 27, 2007

A story in my life #4

My heart is all a flutter. . . .

My head is spinning. . . .

Look at what I got in the mail today from the adoption agency.

There are a few items that our agency is holding for you at this time. In trying to get in touch with you to confirm your updated contact information, there came a point in which the most current address was unobtainable. This was the last mailing address that was found.

Please contact our office at xxx-xxx-xxxx to confirm your address and phone number for our records. This will help us to keep current with our files and to keep you and your adoptive family in contact.

What?! I am totally trying to convince myself that this is probably some routine thing. That they probably have some paperwork to send. That it means nothing.

But what if it is more? Could it be a letter from the adoptive family? Or even from M.R. herself?

It is just standard and routine right? They have not contacted me in at least ten years except for the standard agency newsletter. What could it be?! My mind has thought of a million possibilities; some wonderful, some dreadful.

Why, oh, why did this letter have to come on a Saturday, when I can't make the phone call for two days?!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! WOW!
    I think the letter came on a Saturday to make you slow down and take it one step at a time. They may not be able to tell you exactly what they have for you over the phone, so you'll probably have to wait for it in the mail. God is with you, He hears your prayers and wants to make sure you are prepared for any waiting that may be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What wonderful news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy. Wishing you strength for whatever this means, whether it is just routine or leads to M.R.
    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well....you'll have to let us know when you are able to call! The timing is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - How exciting! I hope it's what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a post to wake up to! Feeling very nervous over here.

    I hope everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto what the others said. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete