Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sleep Like a Baby?!

Who came up with this phrase? It doesn't make any sense. Who would want to sleep like a baby?
Who would want to .......
- Fall asleep only while eating, sucking on a binky, being rocked or bounced.
- Or scream until you fall asleep
- Sleep with noise (fans, heartbeat, waterfall, ocean or whatever else works) and a vibrating bed
- Wake up every 2-3 hours to eat

I want to sleep like a toddler. Nolan has it made. I want to .......
- Go to bed with no fuss, no "routine"
- Sleep for at least 10 hours (I would pick different hours as he is right now going to bed around 8 and getting up around 6!)
- Take a nap after lunch for an hour or two.

If you haven't guessed Vivian is having sleep issues. (which means mommy is too!) She isn't really a horrible sleeper. I have heard of (and experienced) much worse, but with chasing Nolan, doing school and trying to keep up with the rest of our home life I am exhausted! I have been pretty grumpy with the kids and yelling much more than I would like. And of course as I am typing this last paragraph I am thinking "duh I can't do all this. This is an "opportunity" to admit I am not able and depend and trust the Lord for my needs. (including energy when there has not been enough sleep!)" Man how many times do I have to learn this lesson? (daily!) Darn independent Millers!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember - before you know it Vivian will be a toddler, too!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a scary thought?!
    Have been wondering how in the world you manage. I'm in a Bible study with a number of mothers of young children, and get an earful every week. It's fun to hear them share and gripe and laugh and learn. Will keep praying for ya. You're definitely on the right track.
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete