Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 in Review

Life has moved at such an incredibly quick pace these last few years. I can hardly remember what happened last week, let alone last month. That is why I blog, you know.

This morning I took a few minutes to go back and look at my posts from 2012. This year my posts were full of stories about the kids, pictures of the farm doings, and my reflections on the busyness of life and the rapid maturing of my children. Pretty typical, yet 2012 contained a lot of catching up posts instead of individual stories; a reflection of our busy life I guess.


2012 brought us some crazy weather. We had the Derecho, and Hurricane Sandy. We had a great time showing llamas this summer with Annie. Kellen attended CTY summer camp, an experience that made a big impact on him. There are a disproportionate amount of stories on this blog about Nolan. He is such a character, and gives so many opportunities for a good story. Like this one where he claimed to be "African Starving." That phrase has stuck with us.  I love this story where Lydia has a creative solution to help her sister. And Vivian is firmly rooted in her place as the Baby of the Family.


Some of my posts were a little sappy in 2012. I resolved to Enjoy the Journey. I realized that my kids are growing up, and that I love the New Phase we are in. And on a lighter note, watching My Morning Entertainment, still brings a smile to my face.


Facebook has also compiled a Year in Review. I have to admit that Facebook has been detrimental to my blogging. Many stories are shared there, and don't make it to this format. Like this summer Lydia performing at a fundraiser for a friend. She had practiced this song for months, but she shocked us all with how comfortable she was on stage.

This one from Vivian in January of 2012 has to be recorded here.

This morning we were watching a video of jellyfish when Vivian pipes up, "I know how they see. They see with their testicles."
And then we had a lesson on pronouncing the word "tentacles."  

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine. "Out of the mouths of babes...."

    ReplyDelete