Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Our Early Christmas Present


 There are so many things to love about homeschooling. One definite advantage is you can go places during the week when the rest of the world is in school, often at a significant discount. We took advantage of one such offer last week at Great Wolf Lodge.


I've looked at visiting there before, but the rates were a little beyond my comfort level. But then they had Homeschool Week the first week of December. The discount was significant, and we were able to get a room for all six of us and two days of entertainment for a little more than the normal cost of a hotel room. Merry early Christmas kids. We are headed to the water park.

We were duly impressed with the lobby, not to mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff who cheerfully fixed a date mix up on my part, but the water park blew us away.







There was so much to do, plenty to keep the big kids and the little kids happy while wearing the parents out. Everything was clean, and the staff was attentive and friendly. There were only a handful of families there, and some of them were friends of ours. Could it be any better?





In the evening there was a story, songs, and snow in the lobby for all the tired swimmers.




We had so much fun. I hope they offer homeschool week discounts next year!

6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    OMG! That place looks awesome. I guess you found another perk of homeschooling. LOL

    Joyfully,
    Jackie, a Homeschooling mom who is happy to cook, clean, and even do windows...just don't ask me to be my kid's creative writing tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered about that place. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like so much fun to be a child at this school. It's your own family home schooled right. THEY Probably get to experience alot more than Public Schooled kids do? I love your outlook on life. SHARE THE BEST THINGS WITH THEM. DEB IN OREGON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. I'm a fellow blogger - on matleave with my first baby and am very interested in homesteading. Do you recommend any other blogs? Books? Resources? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I badly need to update my blog list.... There are so many resources though I'm not sure which direction to point you. Are you looking for info on animals, garden, or just getting started?

    ReplyDelete
  6. getting started and also some examples of successful homesteads (Canadian if possible) for inspiration ... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete