Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Busy, Busy And Tuesday Links

Wow it has been so busy around here. Tim's parents came for a visit Thursday and stayed till Saturday. We had a great time, and the kids got a big surprise; they got to go home with Grandma and Grandpa. Well except Vivian that is. We are meeting them half way tonight to pick the kids back up so we can spend the 4th together.

I had big plans for what I could get done while they were gone, but I find I am only keeping up and catching up with my normal things; laundry, picking berries, taking care of animals and the garden. Ugh!

Speaking of animals, we have new baby rabbits. They were born on Saturday. There are eight of them. I almost didn't report it here because I didn't want to have to report another "we lost them" post, but so far so good. I couldn't get a picture of them. This rabbit, Cream, pulled so much fur for her nest, she is practically bald everywhere but her back. They looked pretty much the same as these newborn rabbits. They are already starting to get some white fuzz on them. I'll try to get some pictures in a few days.

The bad news is that these will not be big enough for the fair. Kellen will not be able to show market rabbits. He will have to do showmanship in open class, and will not be able to sell any rabbits. He will be disappointed. Lydia is also doing open class with Cha Cha. Kellen will probably take Peter.

My siding is still on hold, though I did get some improvements to my side deck. The project du jour is getting the water, electric and septic set up for Aunt Hazel and Terry's camper. Since that project also involves renting a trencher, setting up our rain collection system has been piggybacked on the camper's projects.

Well I should get back to work! Have a great 4th!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the links. . . .

Make It From Scratch

Festival of Frugality

Carnival of Debt Reduction

Learning in the Great Outdoors

Vegetarian Carnival

Outdoor Odyssey

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! mmm picking berries sounds delightful!!

    ReplyDelete