Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Laundry room closet

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Yesterday, I tackled the closet in the laundry room. This also serves as our mud room, so all the coats and shoes are in there. Here is what it looked like before:




I went through the coats and washed those that needed it. I took all the shoes out and mopped the floor, put summer shoes in bedroom closets, sorted out the shoes that are too small and put back the shoes we need in there for winter. I didn't get any pictures, but I also washed and sorted our tub of hats and gloves. Here is the closet after:



How long will it last? Well, it made it through the night. I am sure it won't stay so neat much longer, but since there are less shoes in there now, hopefully it won't get too out of control.

Add your tackle or see others at 5 Minutes for Mom.

4 comments:

  1. Great job - we have a room like that in our house too - it's sorta an extra pantry, mud room, laundry room and furnice room all in one - it stays messy - good for you for tackling yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tackle! I did our coat closet a few weeks ago and the challenge is to keep it looking nice and neat. Happy Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a closet in my mud room! It's my laundry room, too and it's a tough room to keep clean. I have to keep after it constantly just so it's presentable and functional. Yours looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I too wish I had a mud room let alone a closet in it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete