Saturday, August 08, 2015

Tim

I have neglected this blog. The demands of working, farming, and parenting caused me to set this aside for a season. It is time to bring the blog back. Writing for me is therapeutic, and I need a little therapy right now.

As most of you who will read this know, despite all we did with alternative and traditional treatments, and all the prayers, Tim passed away August 4th.  Below is his obituary:



Timothy James Appleton, 39, of Ona, WV, passed away on Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, Huntington. Tim will be remembered for his bright smile, optimistic words, humor, helping hands, and listening ears. He was your friend, even if you had just met. In the face of cancer he had peace and hope, and was quick to quote Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." He was a musician, educator, farmer, and loving father and husband who touched peoples hearts and lives wherever he was, whatever he was doing.

Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, August 8, 2015 at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville with Jason Henderson officiating. He was born April 21, 1976, in Wooster, Ohio, a son of Jim Appleton (Dinah) and Mary Gail Hanna (Jeff). He was preceded in death by his father-in-law, Paul Miller. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his wife Stephanie Appleton; two daughters, Lydia and Vivian Appleton; two sons, Kellen and Nolan Appleton; four brothers, David Mitchell Appleton, Kent Hanna (Kerri), Josh Appleton (Jennifer), and Scott Appleton; grandmother, Norma Hanna; mother-in-law, Linda Miller; and many uncles, aunts, and cousins. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Wild Ramp or to Cross Lanes Christian School. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.

4 comments:

  1. I met Tim on facebook whenever I would comment on one of your posts. I loved his humor and the way he saw everything. I didn't get to meet him physically, but I'm glad I got to talk with him on facebook. I honestly feel he was a friend. He will be missed until we meet again.
    My family will be praying for your family that you all will find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Michelle's mom and Kyle's Nana. My husband and I went to a few of Kyle's guitar lessons he had with Tim. The first time we met Tim we just seem to connect with him. He was a lovely man. Our prayers for you, the children and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read your blog in quite awhile and just was checking in tonight. I am so sorry to read that Tim has passed away. I hope you will find peace in knowing that Tim is waiting in heaven to join you and the family all one day in glory. What a glorious happy reunion it will be on that day. Until then take comfort in knowing that we are thinking and praying for you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete