Friday, June 21, 2013

And They're Off

This is a whirlwind of a month. Vivian attended day camp. Tim took a week of vacation (because it really was the only week available with his work schedule and the kids' activities.) Lydia and Nolan came home from overnight camp today. They are both exhausted. Lydia is half sick (a good rest will fix that I think,) and Nolan has all but lost his voice. They had a great time.

A few hours later we met the mission team. Kellen and the team are on their way to Cincinnati. Tomorrow, bright and early, they are off to The Dominican Republic. Thank you to all who have supported Kellen with prayer and finances!

They have VBS planned, and service projects, and I know it will be an enlightening experience. I am very excited. I think we all should travel to a third world country. It really makes you appreciate how good you have it.

I am praying that despite their plans and preconceived notions about this trip, that their hearts will be open to the Lord, to His life, and to His love.

My niece and nephew arrive from Florida on Tuesday. We are so excited to see them. It has been far too long.

The gardens are in, and we are working on mulching, weed, and pest control. I hate June in the garden. It is all work with very little of the reward. We have had the best spring ever though. There has been lots of lettuce and other greens, a decent amount of broccoli and peas, and we are just now enjoying the cabbage. All of which is about spent, and needs pulled and work for the next planting. See, just more work.

And I just realized I never shared our new farm addition:


First timer, LuLu had eleven piglets. They were born June 12th.  They were uniform and active from the get go. She did lose one, but the remaining ten are getting nice and plump. They are adorable, and I don't think I'll ever tire of new farm babies.

I really didn't intend for this post to be such a ramble, but here it is. This is what you get from me in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment