Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Princess Vivi

Vivian is the self proclaimed princess of this house and the 100 Acre Wood. This self proclamation does not sit well with her siblings who are constantly reminding her that she is not really a princess. Personally, I think the description fits, and enjoy seeing the look on Vivian's face, not to mention the looks on the other kids' faces, when I call her My Princess Vivi.

The other day Viv and Nolan were playing together in the living room. I was in the laundry room and was unable to hear all of the conversation over the noise of the washer and dryer, but it was obvious the topic of conversation was Vivian's royal status.

Soon I hear the pitter patter of little feet behind me. As I turn and look there is Vivian spurting out, "Mom, are princesses real?" And of course they are, so I answered her in the affirmative. I barely got the word "yes" out of my mouth and she was sprinting back to the living room.

A few minutes later, I hear the sound of two determined foot steps stomping toward me. As I turn to look at Nolan and Vivian, I am again asked by Vivian, "Mom are princesses real?" My answer hasn't changed, "Yes, Vivian princesses are real." How I wish I would have had a camera to capture her smug look toward her brother coupled simultaneously with his look of utter disbelief.

Always a quick thinker, Nolan asks, "Does West Virginia have a princess?" My response, "No." was quickly followed by a complete reversal of their looks to one another. Making sure he covers all the bases he continues, "Does America have a princess?" And of course I must answer, "No," but I couldn't let him get off that easy. I added, "But other countries do have real princesses." Not to be outdone he says, "Well only really small unimportant countries." I responded, "No, not really, England has princesses."

At this Vivian finally gets a word in to say, "See princesses are real, and I am one of them!" With this statement she turned on her heal and walked regally out of the room. The discussion was over.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo funny!

    Similar discussions happen around here regarding "King" Solomon! lol

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. This cracks me up. I think my daughter would have had this same conversation with her brother. Give your daughter this picture.

    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/Grace2882/lulumsprincesstag.jpg

    ReplyDelete