Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Devout Chickens

I was not a first hand witness to this story. This may be hearsay, but the other day Mamaw went out to the chicken house to find Nolan and Lydia playing with the chickens. They were holding them and balking at with them. Mamaw asked the children what they were doing, and they informed her that they were teaching the chickens how to pray.

When the story was later related to me, within ear shot of Lydia, she quickly reported to me that the chickens were good at praying. Lydia and Nolan would balk, and the chickens would repeat the prayer. When asked what they were praying about, the children stated they were praying for the chickens to lay more eggs. That of course, begs the question of what the roosters were praying for. Apparently, the roosters larger claws, and stronger bodies discouraged the kids from giving them prayer lessons. Too bad, as those roosters will soon be meeting their maker.

5 comments:

  1. awww-that's so cute. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been a sight to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! What do kids do that aren't raised on a farm??lol....mine are constantly doing something with one of the critters...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straight from the mouths of babes. That is my Awwww for the day, thanks for the smile on a Monday morning. Hope you are all well and getting settled back into your school routine. I may not always comment but I do check on you at least every other day. Sending my love to you all!! Aunt Teri

    ReplyDelete