Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Little Something for the Family

The stretch of I-77 from Ripley to Akron and I are well acquainted. The kids (sometimes all, sometimes not) and I have driven that route more times than I can remember in the last few months.  I was looking for a little something for the family. I found it.


I know. I know. I posted a mere three weeks ago that I was trying to control my impulsiveness. I just shared publicly, a little more than a month ago that I was thinking of leaving the 100 Acre Wood. But the idea had been stirring inside of me since October, and truly my heart was settled on the move before I began to share the thought.  I was making myself a little crazy looking at listings online, visiting houses, and weighing options. It came to the point that I either needed to move forward with the process, or walk away for a little while.

This was the very first house I saw when I began looking in Wadsworth, Ohio. It had just gone on the market. At the time, mom and I were considering sharing a house. My niece, Ashley, would be there too. This house has a finished basement with a kitchenette. We decided it would be too small for all of us, and later mom and I decided a shared house probably wouldn't work well for either of us. I had kind of taken this place off my radar.

Later, I came back to it and realized that while it might not work for mom and I, it really was great for the kids and I, and would work well for the transition that I soon will be facing, kids leaving home. The house sits on two acres. There are large trees for privacy from the road and neighbors. It literally is five minutes to shopping (including a brand new Aldi, I am thrilled!) It is only a few minutes from families who we know that live in the area.

I guess it is never a done deal until closing, but we are well into the process. We won't take possession until May, and probably will gradually transition there over the summer between getting the 100 Acre Wood ready for market and getting Kellen off to college.

I know there is a lot to do, and it will be kind of a crazy time.  It has motivated me to start taking care of somethings that I'd been avoiding. I need a deadline to get me moving. It has given us something to be excited for. The work ahead doesn't feel like a burden. It feels like a new adventure. We need a new adventure. So, impulsive or not, Wadsworth, Ohio here we come!

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best, Stephanie. Naturally, I'll miss you and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. linda melaragno2/23/16, 11:07 AM

    Wadsworth is a great community!
    Hoping that you have an easy and fun filled transion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled for you! It is exactly what you NEED to do. Not impulsive at all. Believe me after burying all the family members that we did while living at the farm we had for years and years and years at Beech Fork I am soooooooooooooooo glad we moved here. It will be a good move for you. You of course will be missed and if/when I get better There are Llama shows all over your area so you might have a couple of llama visitors :-)

    ReplyDelete