Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Loneliness

11/12/2016

"Loneliness is home sickness for God."

This phrase was in a devotional I read the other day and so sums up how I've been feeling. I miss Tim so much. The over riding feeling I'm left with is loneliness.

My heart cries out for that intimate relationship of the only person who knew me so well. I miss my partner.

I wonder now if I found and loved too much of my life with him instead of in the Lord.

Regardless, he isn't here now, and the Lord is all I have to turn to and all I should want. Expecting to find that in people, be it friends here now or through reaching out digitally is fruitless. It doesn't satisfy. Only He can. I must turn to Him constantly, but especially when those feelings of loneliness creep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment